Friday, October 13, 2006

Review #2 - Bojangles Cafe

Bojangles Cafe
#1089 - 1097 Marinaside Crescent
Yaletown, Vancouver , BC
V6Z 2Z4
www.bojanglescafe.com



Atmosphere
Different. Not what I expected. Lots of natural wood finish decor. Kind of like something in Whistler. Very "Ski-chalet"-esque. Lots of level tables and lots of bar height tables and a GRRREAT living room area complete with fireplace. Betcha the Christmas Tree goes in that area.

Wi-fi and Plugins
They had Wi-fi but it was password protected. My server gave me the password but it didn't work. A good selection of plugins throughout the store.

Espresso Drinks and Coffee
AGAIN, I had an Americano. It tasted good even though the crema was not great. I noticed they served JJ Bean Coffee so they have a good product and a good drip setup. Their Nuova Simmonelli machine looked quite new. My wife's hot chocolate was rather average. No whip... NO WHIP. WHAT IS THAT??? Prices were a little below average.

Food
I had a day old ham and cheese scone which tasted brand new. It was awesome. Wanda had a toasted bagel and said it was really good too. They had QUITE an extensive food selection (wraps, sandwiches, soups, lasangna). Prices were below average.

Service
Nice. Our server didn't make any eye contact and I couldn't hear her when she spoke to me. I thought she wasn't the most experienced barista. She could have pulled a better shot for my Americano with a little tweaking.

Bottom Line
Well this was a great restaurant that served better than OK coffee and espresso drinks. Their food selection was above average. Their location makes a big difference. It's stunning and a great place to just sit for a while and look at the water. 4 other Vancouver locations including Ambleside, Denman and Waterfront.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

I haven't heard of this place. Looks and sounds good, I think I will check it out based on this review. Thanks! Trust me a review from me will be comin soon, hopefully this week. Oh how I wish I could just travel around to different coffee shops all day long. Darn these full time jobs!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home